Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hold ring back options

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLABal

Technical User
Nov 8, 2012
US
Hello all
I hope someone can point me the right direction on this. We have NBX V3000 with NBX 2102 phones.
I would like to change the way the system handles a call placed on hold(the red hold button).
We put a call on hold, Timer set to 180 sceconds, after the timer runs out the call is sent to voice mail and does NOT ring back to the phone that put it on hold.
I have scoured the admin and users manuals but am still no closer to finding what conrtols this action.
The manual does talk about the timer running out and the call ringing back to the phone taht put the call on hold so I know it can happen....just need someone to help figure it out.
Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
Al

On NBX call from Hold ring back on autoextension configurated to group for trunk

Don
Thanks for Stepping up.
I have looked and looked at the ALC settings and read the admin manual using your clue, but do not understand how I get the line to ring back.

My settings are…

Name: 805-***-****
Extention: 703
Auto extension 500 502 500 500
Time out 24 6 6 6

Do I change the one of the auto extension settings to a hunt group?

Am I even in the ball park?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

500 502 500 500 are by default extension AutoAttendant , try this help
set 500 502 500 500 example with xxx xxx xxx xxx Huntgroup and try if it work

Just a update.
After fiddling with this problem for about a month I decided I needed more help. I called NBXstore.com and spoke with Tony. He was very helpful. First he suggested I reboot and call him back if that fails, as it had been about a year and a half since the last reboot. No luck. I call tony back with credit card in hand and he had already talked to his tech and they have never heard of this. His tech wanted me to upgrade to the latest software version (to R6_0_63 from R6_0_40), which Tony placed on my desk top at NO CHARGE.

This was the fix. Calls now ring back to the phone that placed them on hold.

Thanks for the forum help and Thanks to Tony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back