Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ho to configure an EPOS CashDrawer connected to a EpsonTM88IV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcomb69

ISP
May 19, 2007
IT
Hallo

I post a second issue, related to the previous one because it involves the EPSON TM88IV P, the EPOS Drivers, and MS RMS 1.2

I don't understand and I don't find a clear explanation on how has to be configured the EPOS (POSSetup.exe) "cash drawer" device in order to get in working with MS RMS 1.2

The only configuration that partially worked is the creation of a new Cash Drawer, of type MULTIP linked to the Parallel port. On the parallel port I have also the printer and in facts the POSSETUP.exe is raising a warning.

Anyhow, If I do like this, I can press with success the "Check Health" button and, when I get the dialog with the TEST button, cash drawer get open as expected.

BUT if i go back to MS RMS 1.2 with this setup, the printer is not working anymore..
If I remove the OPOS "cash drawer" device, it works again
If I don't create a Cash Drawer devices, RMS is telling the it doesn't have a cash drawer device..

I don't know what to do, and I don't have a Cash Workstation to see a good configuration

Could you help me on what I missed?

Thanks

Regards

Marco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back