Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ho do you set outgoing caller ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markdmac

MIS
Dec 20, 2003
US
We are switching over to an Altigen system. We are running Max Communication Server ACM 6.5.

I need to set the outgoing caller ID to be the main office number instead of the individual line numbers connected to the system. Is this possible? If so where is this configured?

Many thanks,

Mark

Analog trunks. Turns out our carrier was overriding what I was setting in Altigen. We had to notify the carrier and they have made a change. I have to wait 72 hours for that to take affect they say. Will be testing on Monday when I return to the office.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

You can define outbound caller ID directly within the ACM 6.5 IF you are running SIP trunks. I've been successfully using SIP trunks for 2 years with Bandwidth.com. Trunks are reliable, and cheap only $30/month/per trunk.

You do need to defined assertive mode when configuring the trunk configuration profile for your carrier to accept the caller id. Analog I would guess would have to come from the telco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back