Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HMS400 / Opera PMS problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

crankyralph

Technical User
Apr 22, 2008
CA
Help!!
Hotel has changed from Brilliant PMS vendor to Micros Opera.
Checkin / checkout works on the Option11c [ changes name and dialing restrictions properly ].
HMS400 voicemail does not create or delete room mailboxes or recognize the name changes on a database swap.

Any thoughts? Is there somewhere to check the basics of what the hms400 sees / wants as checkin / checkout codes?
Sorry, not up on this system, so any clues would be great. Thanks in advance!!

Does the Option 11 have voicemail such as Meridian Mail/. If so then log into the voicemail system and go into Hospitality and stat the status links. Both SL1 to Mail and Mail to PMS should show as being on line. If the the top one (SL1 to PMS is down I think?), then check out the PMS cabling from the Micros Interface Management Server to the Meridians TTY / PMS port.

My recent fault with one was that the link or cable between the two was disconnected with a bad RJ45 connector. Other faults tend to sometimmes require a reboot of the mail system and for Micros to do a database swap afterwards.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

The Option11 uses the hms400 both for admin and guest rooms. The PMS hospitality package checks in the guest room to activate the voicemail and remove the dialing restrictions from the phone.

The PMS link goes from the Opera server to the HMS400, then from the hms400 to the option11 pbx. There is data flow visible on the PMSI interface window, and the phone portion is operating correctly, as is the room status codes.. The voicemail is not doing anything with the interface commands, just sits there; it does not recognize the checkin / out, or any name changes. It is talking properly on the serial ports, and is relaying the proper info to the pbx. This was operational on the old pms vendor.

I'm stumped why the hms400 is not understanding what the PMS is sending, but the pbx understands what is relayed through.

????? Any help greatly appreciated.

boot the meridian mail...

ax to the the front mail screen ... no need to login to mail
hold CTRL and while holding enter BTB
release the CTRL key
this will give a couple of chevrons near the bottom of the mail screen
then enter KILL 2
now mail will reboot....

try that

OK - problem resolved!!!

I had to change PMSI interface settings on the HMS400 voicemail server. The Opera PMS was sending the room extension number in a different place [ starting character 9 instead of previous char 7 ] in the data record than the old Brilliant PMS. The HMS400 voicemail server was not seeing the extension number, so wasn't updating the rooms database.

Grrrrr!! I love my job.....

Hi there,

Just to leave a note for someone who comes across with something similar.

First thing, to the "old M1" guys, the HMS400 it's an external server based on W2003S, with a digital board (Dialogic) to connect to the DLC on M1, Has nothing to do with the Meridian Mail, (and Nortel). It has two serial ports, one to connect to the M1(PMS) and other to the PMS of the Front-Office Soft.

Ok, there is an application called PMSI inside of the folder with the same name, which allow to monitor the messages between the 3 parts, and thats the only ways to solve many problems of "language errors" between them.

Regards

J.F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back