Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HMS400 & NRP500 BAD LAMP errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

endurevp

Technical User
Sep 15, 2005
US
Hi all,
I work on a HMS400 and they have had NPR500 BAD LAMP errors for all of the 2nd lines of the analog room phones printing on their BGD printer since install. There are 2 extensions in each guest room (Line 1 and line 2 of a single 2 line phone) and each line is associated with the single mailbox. The problem is that each time a MWL is activated for the 1st line, it appears the 2nd line is also trying to be activated and the NPR500 BAD LAMP error print out on their BGD printer.

Yes, lamps have been tested and they are good. Boy did that get the engineering department in a bad mood.

CLS of the analog phones are MWA & LPA on both extensions.

Would it be as simple as setting MWD and LPD in the CLS or is there a way to tell the HMS400 to only light the MWL of the 1st extension? I imagine if that is possible the CLS should be changed anyway.

Thanks in advance

Take MTC off the BGD terminal tty. All 2 line phones will fail the lamp audit unless you take that test out of midnights as there is no light on the phone for those lines.

Signature===========================================

Aastra Authorized Reseller

There is no MWL associated with the second line of a 2 line phone. You will have to take the test out of the routines as I don't believe that HMS allows you to customize the message waiting light to be lit on a per extension basis like CP and MM do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back