Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HMS-400 Database Error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

frazierr

MIS
Jun 23, 2004
US
When I look at the data log on our HMS-400 (presumably a PMS version of CallPilot), I find a lot of errors:
Error 3343, Unrecognized Database Format. It seems an error is generated about every time someone hits voicemail, and the data log begins anew each day so I can't see history beyond last midnight.

When I searched internet, I found a number of microsoft related responses, and followed their process to try to get the database restored. (It seems the database is corrupt, and I not only can't open it with any version of Access I can find here, I can't even open/reconstruct it with the special tool MS provided.)

Is there any way to get a copy of another database to use it in place of this one? It's found as c:\HM\database\Statistic.mdb and Statistic.ldb .
I've tried renaming the files and creating new, empty ones, but that didn't work.

I don't know how long this has been a problem, or whether it has other ramifications other than not being able to see statistics, but do want to get it fixed.

Is there anyone that can point me to a copy of these files that I can download to get it back in service? I'm hoping a pair of seed files from another system would at least have the correct format and allow the system to write to the database again. There are no known backups of working files on site that I can locate... On Nortel web site, there is mention of the files in the HMS-400 administration guide, but no information I could find on repairing/replacing them.

Thanks
-_Rick

Hi Rick,
The statistics.mdb needs to be compacted and repaired. Under the HM/Utils folder there is a program called Visdata.exe. Open that program, then click file -> Compact MBD -> MDB 7.0, browse to the statistics.mdb. Click YES to replace it, and NO to encryption and opening it.

Then Click File -> Repair MDB, browse to the statistics.mdb and click NO to opening it.

Note*..The HMS400 software has to be shutdown before starting this process.
The corruption is caused when the HMS400 is rebooted when calls are going through on the Line display screen. It does not affect system operation, just the stats.

We have a winner!

Shut down HMS400, followed compact and repair as above, and restarted (double clicked voicecop icon).

No more (new) errors, statistics panel now shows up, and the Line Display screen indicates calls in progress along with totals at the right....

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou....

--Rick

Fraz, you better stick that one away for future reference in your archieve.

Thanks, was just saving the help file in my meridian folder when you replied....
Whenever I find out a solution to one of my problems, I create a local help file for it (just a text file) with the info to be able to fix it again, or for our other sysadmin to use if I'm not available...

--Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back