Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HMS 400 auto wakeup Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohdhy

Vendor
Mar 14, 2007
JO
hi guys ,

am now installing HMS400 for the first time , and i need some help if u can, for the wake calls is there any pre recorded announcements on the server for each langauge and if is not , how can i record a new announcements?

thanx alot

well first if u have the new hms 400 so i cant help u but i install hms 400 and u cant change the wake up call cause its built in in 18 languges so u cant even choose the only way u can choose is when u manualy do wake up to someone that he's in check in and u choose what will be the languge , another thing is that first time u install the hms u have to configure what will be the first languge and what will be the second wich means when someone get a ring in his room first he will hear the deafult then the second languge .

kind of system that nortel didnt even think about the customer too much.

hope u didnt install the mini bar or the attendant or the administration option cause u will have lot of work on that .

Hi Meridian T,

Thakns for your reply , in fact I opened a case with nortel and they give the answer

The AWU prompt can be customised quite easily by following the steps below.

1) First through the TUI -> Prompt Maintenance, record the new AWU prompt that you want. Pick a unique 4 digit ID.
2) Then browse to the C:\HM\Sound\English\AAprompt folder. You will see your four digits ID as a .D40 file.
3) Rename that file to AUTOCALL.D40.
4) Then go to C:\HM\Sound\English folder and find AUTOCALL.D40. This is the default auto wakeup prompt. Rename this to AUTOCALLold.D40.(or anything else really)
5) Then Copy the new AUTOCALL.D40 into the C:\HM\Sounds\English folder. No restarting is necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back