Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HMC continually tries to log in after userid & PW entered

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtdonnelly

Technical User
Nov 8, 2006
US
When trying to access one of our HMC consoles, I enter the hostname and then I can enter the userid and password. However, once the userid and PW are entered, the numbers in the authenticating box continually scroll as if it's trying to log on but it never gains access to the HMC console. It will run like this as long as I let it. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? I have 3 other HMC's that are working fine. Thanks.

I think you need to reboot that particular HMC and see if your problem persists. If so - a call to IBM support may be necessary.

Are all your HMC running the same HMC code version?

HTH,

p5wizard

We have two HMC's that are used for our p5 machines and two for our p4 machines. The problem is with one of the HMC's for the p4's and the code is the same on both. I've tried to reboot it but the problem persists. I also noticed that there is a RED "!" indicator on the bad HMC. Is this indicative of a HW problem?? Thanks.

See if you find a trace of the problem in Service Focal Point if you can still log in to that hmc locally. But I would contact IBM support on this.

HTH,

p5wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back