Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HMC &WSM connectivity 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyz786

IS-IT--Management
Apr 5, 2006
US
I was trying to connect to a HMC from WSM ( which is running on AIX server) and got the error "XXXXX require SSL connection.The client doesn't have SSL configured."
But the thing is, when I try to connect to other two HMCs, I haven't got any error and connected without any issues.What might be the problem...is there anything which needs to be changed in the HMC (this is what I was thinking)? since I was able to connect to the other two HMCs from the same WSM client so I do not think there is an issue in the AIX client connection. I can connect directly from my PCs WSM.I did check the connections like ssh, rexec and http, all are enabled on this perticular HMC. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Someone probably configured the HMC to require SSL certificates. I forget where the option is but you have to tell the HMC not to require SSL. It is basically a matter of unchecking a box IIRC.

Jim Hirschauer

Jim, do you remember where can I uncehck this SSL option in HMC? Is that in System Manager Security on left side panel?

Since my HMC's are remote I do not have access to the proper security sections, I looked up the info for you in a redbook. I would use these steps and choose the option for "Allow the user to chose secure or unsecure connections". That way you have the coice of using a secure connection still.

To configure your HMC as a secure system manager server, do the following:
1. Expand the System Manager Security folder, then select the Server Security application in the Navigation area.
2. Select the Configure this system as a Secure System Manager Server task.
3. The Configure System Manager Security wizard window opens. Click Next.
4. The wizard prompts you to select either of the following options:
– Always use a secure connection
Select this option if you wish to disallow unsecure connection from remote Web-based System Manager clients to the HMC.
– Allow the user to chose secure or unsecure connections
Select this option if you have decided to let users select either secure orunsecure connection from their from remote Web-based System Manager clients to the HMC.

Jim Hirschauer

Thanks Jim, Actually I do have this document, but could not find the right way to get this done. Anyways, I will try to work this out using the steps you mentiones.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back