Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hmc 7.3 terminal window ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpezeur

MIS
Nov 7, 2002
US
hi, just recently I upgraded our HMC from 6.1.3 to 7.3.4. Today from my desktop I logged into HMC and tried to open a terminal session for one of my AIX lpars (running on p5 h/w), but the terminal window never appeared. I logged into one of our windows servers and connected to HMC and was able to open the terminal window just fine for any server. My desktop is in a VLAN while the server is on the same subnet as the hmc server. I haven't had this issue with v6.1.3. Does the new version of HMC use different port #'s to open terminal windows, that may be blocked by our firewall to my desktop?

I didn't even think of this as a browser issue. IE7 works fine with HMC and terminal windows to partitions but firefox (3.0.6) doesn't want to open the terminal window. Must be something in the browser that is blocking access

when I tunnel three HMCv7 ports: 443, 9960 and 8443 all works fine - also vterm (work with firefox 3.x). so, these ports should be enough for you.

you could also investigate which ports (eg. with tcpview) are tried to be opened when you are openning vterm on your laptop

i works with JAVA 1.6 installed on my Windows brower ( IE or Firefox)
With old HMC version works with 1.4/1.5
Install this versions JVM 1.6 and the console works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back