Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HL7 & XML Filtering Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dupuytren

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2003
US
We are feeding HL7 (v2.1) ADT messages from our HCIS ADT module into Biztalk 2002 and need to filter output to a client on three specific clinic locations found in the PV1-3_1 Assigned_Patient_Location.Point_of_Care field. Our interface analyst is relatively new at working with Biztalk and XML manipulations and works somewhat secretly. I don't do his work but I did manage to get him to show me the screen where the filter can be applied to the XML field. It looks somewhat like Boolean logic to me and it would seem that the "location1 OR location2 OR location3" filter operation could easily be facilitated. Our interface analyst maintains it's impossible and that only one location mnemonic can be entered in the box. Any advice or ideas??? Thnx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back