Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AdvancedOption

Status
Not open for further replies.

crmpicco

Programmer
Nov 29, 2004
GB
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AdvancedOptions\PRINT\BACKGROUND]
"RegPath"="SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\Main"
"RegPoliciesPath"="SOFTWARE\\Policies\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\Main"
"Text"="Print background colors and images"
"PlugUIText"="@inetcplc.dll,-4770"
"Type"="checkbox"
"CheckedValue"="yes"
"UncheckedValue"="no"
"ValueName"="Print_Background"
"DefaultValue"="no"
"HKeyRoot"=dword:80000001
"HelpID"="iexplore.hlp#50191"

Can I add this to HTML/ASP? I want every client to have this checkbox checked in THEIR MSIE6 browser.

Picco

What if your client doesn't want that checked in their browser? It's their computer, why should you control their browser settings? Go ahead and install your own toolbar and reset their homepage, too.

Not trying to be a jerk, just pointing out how similar to adware/malware/spyware this sounds. I wouldn't advise it, but you can probably use some type of Active X script for this, although the user has to have Active X enabled in order for that work.

I acutally looked at doing this exact same thing on our Intranet users, but I decided against it because it was such a pain trying to figure out how to make it work.

Hope This Helps!

Ecobb
Beer Consumption Analyst

"My work is a game, a very serious game." - M.C. Escher

What about Internet Explorer on other operating systems, say Macintosh?

Please, do NOT do that!

I, and many others, find it EXTREMELY annoying when someone changes settings like that, especially without asking. I have left sites never to return and deleted shareware without a second thought when they did things like that. You will not win any friends that way.

And I, personally, NEVER want to print background colors or images. It takes forever to print, uses up a lot of ink, and is much harder to read.

Tracy Dryden

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back