Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hit-Counter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahjo

Programmer
Dec 27, 2000
US
I put a hit-counter on my Frontpage page, but when I click the preview tab it does not look like a hit-counter. It simply displays the words hit-counter. Any suggestions.

Thanks,
Pahjo

ok Pahjo
if the web page that you set your "Counter" on is on your computer you will have to have "FrontPage extension" installed onn your computer as well as a "Web Server" that suports the extinsions.
If both are not installed on your computer the computer you are "previewing" on it will only have the words "HitCounter" showing you that this is where your hit counter will be seen on your web page, making it possible to add a phrase before it or after it.
When you publish your "Web Page" to a server that has the"FrontPage extensions" it will work just fine.
So you have a choice either install a web server that suports "FP ext." or Publish it to a server that does have them so you can see what it will look like.

PineAppleKing
my new domain all done in "FP" set up about 3 days ago, still working on it.

I have installed Front Page extension on my computer. The page I inserted the counter on shows words "hit counter", but not the image. My IIS 4.0 has a setting "Front page Web" checked. It seems that the fpcount.exe file can not start. What settings should I change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back