Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hit counter not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 28, 2007
US
Hi guys I have a web server i just set up with a simple web page on it that i made in front page 2003. the problem is my "hit counter" is not shoing up.
My server is running windows server 2003, I have loadded the Front page server extenions from the windows server 2003 disk, and they show up as alloed in the iis manager with a green check mark and all, nothing is showing up in the event manager (no errors) I did reboot the server after the install.
The page is Tony-d.com
any help would be grate.
Thanks
Tony

Corey
Thank you for your help I am very new at this and yes i am running the server from my home. I'm not sure how to set up the Frontpage Server extensions in the admin control panel?
I did find the Microsoft share point admin panel but i could not do much with it. I have published the page with front page. Please any help you can give me would be gratly apprisheated. (i've been up for three days now tring to get this dame thing.)
Thanks
Tony

Well first I would say don't even use it (or any FPSE components for security reasons). But if you need to and cannot rely on your logs or another hit counter, from what I can remember, go into IIS, right click on the domain name and go to properties. In the dialog box, you should have Server extensions there. This should take you to the control panel.

|

Corey
Thank you,
Can you tell me if there is a web counter I can install on server 2003 that i can use? I do not want to use a 3rd party service, but i have no problem with not using pf extenions, as i am readding a lot of bad things about them.
Thanks
Tony

I did not either actually. But the code is pretty simple. paste it in and name it with an ASP extension. Proper permissions on the database, and that's about it.

Of course, there are tons of programs. I like and to read the raw logs, I like ExactTrend's program

|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back