Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hit count

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baixinha

Programmer
Dec 27, 2000
BR
How can I create a hit count in Flash?

Hi,

To create a hit counter you need Flash to write to a file. From what I have done in Flash I do not think this is possible. But you can get Flash to access a Server Sided Script, such as PHP, ASP, etc. If you chose to do this, lets say in ASP, you would create an Active Server Page (hence ASP) which first wrote to a database or text file every time that it was accessed. Then that ASP would either call the Flash movie to display it or redirect you to the HTML file which does. Then you would have to make your Flash movie "Load Variables" from another ASP which would read the database, call up the hit count then pass on the variables to the Flash movie in the format of 'var_name=value' if you get what I mean.

This is probably a bit long winded and I may have lost you along time ago for my writing often becomes criptic. Anyways, just try looking in Altavista (or any other Search Engine) for ASP based Flash hit counters, or the equivelent. You are bound to find some downloadable examples and tutorials...

Regards Napalm 2000
hlechler@hotmail.com

Anybody has a example that how to create a hit count in ASP for example and how to associate (Flash)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back