Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hit area and menu problem - new member

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonder

MIS
Jan 7, 2007
GB
Hi all,

I've nearly finished my website and was just stuck on menu system.

Basically I have a glass orb effect and when the mouse rolls over the hit area (which is slightly larger than the glass orb) a looped animation plays and the menu slides out from the orb. This was all done and working with the normal movie clip up, over down and hit states.

The problem I have is two fold, firstly:

When the mouse moves away I need the menu to go back behind the orb, but at the moment it just disappears. It's a 60 frame animation and at frame 30 theres a 'stop' action code, so I need it to play from frame 31-60 when the mouse moves away. (frame 31-60 is just the reverse of 1-30 - basically menu out then in)

Secondly:

When the menu slides out there are three button each on there own layer, but as soon as the mouse moves over to one of the buttons everything disappears because it's outside the glass orb hit area. So I tried creating sepearte hit areas for the buttons, but when I play it back it just flickers like crazy.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated I'm actually a 3d artist so it's been quite tough for me to learn flash being 2d, but I really felt as though I was getting somewhere until now.

Thx for reading

Sonder!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back