Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

history options for large pdfs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubbledown

Technical User
May 14, 2009
US
i've read that ID allows javascript, but only a limited subset of what browsers would understand. is there any way to use js or some other coding practice that will allow a user to click a link from a page in chapter 9, back to chapter 3, and have it remember where they came from (to send them back to chapter 9)? i have too many instances of items referring back to a single place makes it impossible to have unique "back to (here)" buttons. tech tables and drawings are referenced multiple times later in the book.

if something like the js >> history.go(-1) is available in some other format in IDCS4, i'd be very grateful to know. reader will only go to the next and previous page in the pdf, as i'm finding that it's not aware of any history.

any thoughts?

thanks,
- jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back