Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

History of Connections to Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

FergADT

MIS
Dec 30, 2002
US
Does anyone know where to find a history of connections to a Windows 98 workstation? The arp table refreshes too quickly to show anything other than fairly current connections, but Windows 98 will show that someone was connected to a system several hours later. Is this just a ticker that basically keeps track of the number of connections (I.E. "There are 3 user(s) connected to your computer. Shutting down your cmoputer will disconnect them. Do you want to continue?") or is there somewhere that actually stores the IP address/hostname/etc of the system that connected to the workstation in question?

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide...

On my Win2K box there is a command line

net statistics workstation

I have disabled the file and printer sharing for security but it is likely that the server stats would be available there if it was running.
I am not sure if this facility is available in Win98 or not - try it.

John

Unfortunately statistics is not one of the options available in the W98 net command. The closest thing it has is net diagnostics, but this provides very little information and does not include what I'd like to see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back