Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Historical report for calls that come from another skillset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

avayaaacc

MIS
Jul 4, 2014
US
we recently built a new skillset (skillset A) that uses ROUTE CALL to move a call to skillset B after a minute unanswered

i can't seem to find a report in Historical Reporting that will tell me how many calls to skillset B came from skillset A. is this possible?

I am trying, and failing, to imagine why you would queue a call and then use Route Call to go to another skillset. So a little explanation of what you are trying to accomplish would be helpful.

I would think you would just queue the call to the skillset after a minute. The Skillset by Application report would likely be the place to find your data (the application would have the total calls presented, and Skillset A would show the number queued and answered in A, and Skillset B under the same application would show the number queued and answered in B for that application.

Think of the application as a container to create a subset report. Different applications can use the same skillset, and only show the appropriate calls for that skillset (usually based upon CDN, DNIS, or menu selection).

Again, more information about what the call should be doing and what you want reported may help.

hi Effort,

I will take a look at that report and get back with you. The new script skillset only has a couple employees tied to it, and if they are busy, they want the call to go to another skillset. Is there a betterway to handle this?

Yes. Route call is not the best option, especially from a reporting stance.

You can have the call (if you want) stay queued to skillset A after it has been queued to skillset b.

It would look something like this:

IF AGE OF CALL > 60 THEN
IF NOT OUT OF SERVICE skillsetB THEN
QUEUE TO skillsetB
END IF
END IF

It is a bit more complex than just this (where you put it for example).

To report on this you would run and Skillset by Application report to see how many calls queued to skillsetB.

thanks for the tip. i may need more assistance in getting that setup but i also came across the application treatment report. one of the metrics in there is Routed along with Offered answered and abandoned. The routed number has a value so I am hoping this data is accurate

What you will miss by sending the call out and back is the actual time to answer the call. The call starts over by routing it out. Something to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back