Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HIS SNA Server 2000 LU1 printer alignment problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

retiredman2006

Technical User
Jan 30, 2003
US
I just converted my HP Laserjet printers from Attachmate MyExtra 7.11 to HIS SNA server 2000. I'm using a Blank PDT (Printer Definition File) to let the datastream from VTAM/IMS control the printer's page alignment. I had tested under a TEST IMS Control Region then had the user try the IMS print from an older IMS control region with the misalignment occurring, it would not skip to top of page, and the number of lines per page seemed off.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I'm missing? I'm waiting for the IMS systems programmer to compare their source of the printer definition in the IMS control Regions.
The VTAM LU definition has the modetable entry for SCS.
The IMS control region uses Delta-IMS so my Printer LU is dynamic in both the production and test regions.

Any ideas on what to check for? It works on either IMS regions when using Attachmate LU1 printers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back