Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HiPath DX150E Modem programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve5512

Technical User
Jul 10, 2020
RO
Hi Floks,

Duid anybody knows how to program an HiPath DX150E Modem ?

Stefan

I succeded to use NSEX, REO commands,but when it came to RRAS command I received an error message : ERROR: NEW RAS LOCATION INCOMPLETE and it seems I missede something very important on my way.
Can you give me a little help here ?

Hi Steve5512
LRAS command was generally used to allow the HiPath DX modem to make outgoing calls to a reporting centre when an Autoloader, Urgent or Non-Urgent alarm was generated. Or at certain time periods throughout the day, STUC command.

If you just want to use the modem for dial-in access, use NSEX. I wouldn't bother assigning the RAM attribute using REO.

Should look like this -
?lex sys
EN1234 SYSTEM CARD MODEM CS30 TA15 MOH 000

Also check the system card environment has the modem initialisation string in place -
SMI B> SE
DSPFILE=0.0/dsp0109.a
MUSICFILE=0.0/music0003.a
FPGA=0.0/fpga2010.a
SER1=9600
SER2=2400
SER3=1200
SER4=9600
CUST=2
CIL=3
REMOTE=4
IPACT=88.0.0.1
IPSB=88.0.0.2
ETHACT=08:00:06:9E:BA:F0
MEDETHACT=08:00:06:9E:BA:F1
MODEM_STRING=ATQ1S0=1+MS=9\n\r .......Modem string
ETHSB=08:00:06:9E:D7:0E
MEDETHSB=08:00:06:9E:D7:0F
AUTO=1.0/xxxxxxx.app
SMI B>

If you call the modem number direct it should answer with modem tones.

Thanks but I already did all these settings, my problem now remains that my US Robotics Courier 56K V90 Model: 3453C Business Modem doesn`t do Handshake with PBX modem. I tried with the same initialization string sent from my modem to the PBX modem but unfortunately it doesn`t send anything on the telephone line to the other modem. I tried with differetn software - ZOC, Procomm Plus, Secure CRT, Hyperterminal, TerraTerm - but the result was the same. I checked several times the DeepSwitch position on the Modem and finaly the only good position was with - 1, 4, 6, 7, 8 - ON and 2, 3, 5, 9, 10 - OFF. I made all the other settings similar to the PBX modem, just to make them working in the same range and values both.
I`m not very sure what else should I try.

Are you using the System Card modem or the GPIO/Modem? The System Card modem uses the NSEX command and the GPIO/Modem is where you jumper an extension port to the last pair of the GPIO/Modem cable.

Procomm Plus is what I use but sometimes you have to try different initialisation strings in the PC attached modem. I generally use the Multitect desktop modem (MT5600ZDX).

If I was trying to connect to a GPIO/Modem, I would use at+ms=v22b,1,300,2400,300,2400 in the MT5600ZDX Modem.

I find that the System card modem is a bit more forgiving and the MT5600ZDX just works without any strings.

Thanks for the tip, I already ordered an MT5600ZDX modem but it will arrive on 6 July. Until then I will try to do something with those which I already have, who knows maybe I will make at least one of them to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back