Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hipath 4000 v5 the SIP phone can not Transfer to other subscribers

Status
Not open for further replies.

wabe-hk

Technical User
Feb 27, 2024
CN
Hi,
I Registration a software SIP subscribers in hipath4000 v5 and it can call the other subscribers but can not transfer(or blindtransfer) to any other subscribers。
I would like to ask if anyone has encountered this problem and has any solution?
thank you!

CHA-ZAND:OPTLOAD;
And test again ?

Hello sbcsu,
Thank you for your reply. I followed your method. executed amo CHA-ZAND:OPTLOAD; and then do a test it seem doesn't work, and the transfer still not working.

How are you doing the transfer ?
What is the SIP subscriber hardware/software ?

Hi sbcsu,
Sorry for replying you so late. I have tested several sip software such as 3cxphone, eyebeam, mircosip, etc., sip a call to sip b and then sip b transfer to other subscribers. But nothing happened and the transfer failed.

Very difficult to know why this fails without a trace. This software is fifteen years old and SIP implementation for subscribers was done differently (S0PP) than it is now (UFIP). Useful info could be
- What software is the 4K
- What loadware is the STMI
- What does the configuration look like for zand, feasu, sbcsu, cossu, sdat, actda for all subscribers
- What does the Wireshark trace show for the failure, is the transfer refused by STMI
- What does a 4K trace show, is the transfer refused by 4K
Without this information, it's a case of giving the old crystal ball a polish.

We have HP4000V4 and OS4000V7. We work with a MicroSip V3.21.3 softphone, the call transfer works as an attended transfer only. You need to make settings in the MicroSip. After that, the softphone works as a switchboard.
See the settings in Q: How to do an attended transfer in Microsip?
Disable single call mode in the settings
Pic_1_byjiah.png

Make or receive a first call. Make a second call.
After that, the Attended Transfer button in the second window will be enabled.
Pic_155_xoxvwn.png

I think what is happening here is that the 3rd party SIP devices are trying to make a blind transfer with a REFER message. S0PP SIP did not support that, you had to make an attended/semi attended transfer where the first call is put on hold, a new invite is made to the new party, and then a refer is made to join the 2 parties together. UFIP extns, which you can't have on V5, support the blind transfer REFER. S0PP does not.

Even from an Openstage SIP device, blind transfer does not work on an S0PP extn on V10, you can only make attended transfer.
Change it to UFIP, blind transfer works.

Hello everyone,
thank you very much for your answers to my questions. I looked up the documentation later and found that, as Mr. Moriendi mentioned, the S0PP SIP phones in HiPath 4000 V5.0 do not support the blind transfer function. It seems that UFIP requires versions after UV7.0-SA35 to support this feature. I haven't used it before, but I will try it when I have the chance in the future. My current solution is to use MiniSIPServer to establish a SIP trunk connection with HiPath 4000, and then incoming calls to MiniSIPServer are handled by MiniSIPServer's IVR functionality. This way, the caller's number can be displayed on the finally ringing extension. If the call is transferred via attended/semi-attended transfer, the caller's number cannot be displayed.
Thank you again for your answers. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back