Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hipath 4000 v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick0001

IS-IT--Management
Oct 6, 2017
US
Good afternoon, thank you for all the help so far on the forum. I have another project management would like me to tackle, and I am not sure where to begin. We have a single ACD group (An interalia box) hooked up to our Hipath 4K. Basically I have two staff that log into the group in the morning when the arrive from work, I am trying to understand the process of adding and removing additional extensions or steps. Does anyone have a brief guide on how to do this?

I'm in expert mode and it seems dis-acdrs gives some information.

Thank you,
Nick

Is your Interalia device "The Voice"? If so, that is a 2-line announcement device that lets you record 2 separate announcements and use them as needed. Usually one of them is we're sorry, all agents are busy, and the other one is all agents are still busy.

DIS-RCSU; should display all the "recording devices in your system. You may have HMUSIC (hold music), ACDMUS (music for ACD hold), and several message recordings. The recording (playback/music) devices are connected to analog ports in the system and built as recordings instead of phones.

DIS-AGENT; should show you all the extensions in your system that are configured as agents and what group they are in.

DIS-DNIT:DNI; should show you all of the ACD pilot numbers (DNITs) and what RCG (route control group) they go to.

Some of the spelling following might be wrong because I can never remember half of them and have cheat sheets....

DIS-ACDGP; (or maybe GR) should show you all the ACD groups defined in your system.

DIS-ACDRS:xx Will show you the route control groups, day shift numbers, and something else. Type DIS-ACDRS and press <Enter>. On the next line it will ask you for the type - put in a ? mark and press enter and it will show you your choices. I think RS is one, DS might be another - I'm home so I can't look.

DIS-ACDRT; will show you all the ART tables in your system. Each ACD group has a specific set of steps to follow and those are it. There might be a conditional to make sure at least 1 agent is logged in, RTREC to route to recordings, WTSEC to wait so many seconds (call is queued), RTEXT to route to an extension, etc, etc...

Unless you are making structural changes to the application, the most common thing you might do is ADD-AGENT or DEL-AGENT (if you want to add one, display them first, use one that is in the group you want as a reference and say ADD-AGENT and put in the same values as the one that works. The next most common thing you might do is change the ACD recordings on the interalia. WARNING: If you do DIS-RCSU you will see the recordings usually list the number of seconds long the message is. If that changes significantly the system will get confused and shut off the port, so if you change the lengeth you also have to CHA-RCSU and put the correct number of seconds in for the new recording.

I can't teach you how to do it in here - it is a complicated set of intertwined pieces that all have to be there for it to work, and I have to refer to my notes every time I do to make changes - and this is only "PBX ACD" - try out the Openscape Contact Center sometime - that is all this with a dessert menu sitting on top of it all.

Up until V5 (they switched from Unixware to Linux in V6) there used to be an entry in Assistant under Utilities or Tools or something called something like ACDADMIN, and it you click on that it gave you a menu driven version of some of those AMOs I rattled off. I sure miss that - it made that basic programming crap a lot faster!

Good luck!!

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Thank you Don! I can at least take a gander around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back