Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HiPath 4000 to Avaya Softswitch connection over IP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

badrikali

Technical User
Mar 12, 2009
KW
Hi,

We have a HiPath 4000 V2. The customer has at another location AVAYA softswitch. They would like to interconnect the 2 systems together over IP. The routers used are CISCO routers. Any idea how to accomplish this?

Regards
Badri

Use ip trunking to connect the 2 swu. STMI card for the Hipath. direct trunk to soft switch.

routing will have to be set up of course but there is a easy solution im sure.

Which country are you from?

Thanks. I work in the middle east. I was wondering what type of connectivity should we recommend to the client.

Regards
Badri

The Hipath 4000 UV2.0 software does not support SIP, it's H323 only, and I doubt very much that connection will be supported to the Avaya switch.

In my opinion, you would be better making a QSIG connection from the Hipath 4000 (DIU-N2 card required) to the Cisco, I'm sure Avaya could do the same, and let the Cisco equipment take care of the IP.

With a multi-vendor installation on old unsupported software, that will be the most trouble free path to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back