Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HiPath 4000 Dial Plan Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

swamptech

Technical User
Feb 6, 2006
US
For anyone familiar with the Siemens HiPath - with a HiPath 4000 V2.0 - is it possible to enable numbers as Direct Inward Dial (only) numbers that would conflict with the dial-plan if also enabled as internally dial-able numbers?

For example, can we set up a DID number with the last five digits of 8-2323 even though we use "8" as a number internally to access one of our other locations over our wide-area network? In this case the LEC is sending 5 digits with DID calls. So, the PBX will see "82323" on these incoming calls. If it is possible to set this up without a dial-conflict, it is time-consuming to do so with the HiPath 4000?
---

You ask a fine question weed hopper. There is a way but I need a few questions answered first and a couple comments.

What do you dial for your other sites?
Do your internal numbers 4 or 5 digit?
Are your other locations 4 or 5 digit?
Is Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?
What are your other switches?

I have a 4000 v3.0 and manipulate incoming DID numbers and DNIS numbers.

U can use the DIDCR table to 'strip' digits on DID trunks. View your TDCSU for DID circuits, it should referance a DID table via it's SRT table. If TELCO sends 5 digits, you can only have your HP4K recieve 4 digits. NO BIG DEAL. I have several sites receiving 10 digits from TELCO, but only using the last 3 or 5. Don't changes your existing table, set up a new one, but when programming you will use the CHA-DIDCR, you cannot ADD and DIDCR table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back