Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HiPath 4000 CDR 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregM2

MIS
Aug 25, 2008
US
I would greatly appreciate someone helping me with a table identifying the fields in the HiPath 4000 CDR.

Below is a sample of a few CDR records with '???' question marks showing the FOUR fields (and the meanings of the values) I need help with.

(1) (2) (3) (4)[/color red]
??? Date Time Dur ????? Orig Term Pre ???? ????
---- ---------- ------- ---------- -------- ------------------- ------------------- ---- ----- -----
VS[/color red] 09/03/10 12:09 00:00:30 ISNBA[/color red] 45366 3669211250 2444[/color red] 1143[/color red]
VS[/color red] 09/03/10 12:10 00:00:11 ISNFW[/color red] 2519225788 19014 2444[/color red] 2644[/color red]
VO[/color red] 09/03/10 12:09 00:00:58 IONIN[/color red] 2516424511 89979 2444[/color red] 2771[/color red]
VS[/color red] 09/03/10 12:05 00:05:17 ISNTR[/color red] 8504557832 18507 9 3954[/color red] 3954[/color red]

Thanks for anything you can do to help.

I can help. BUT, you will need to provide a little more info before anyone can accurately provide answers. Your CDR output is determined by a combination of AMOs. You will need to display some of that info. In case you are not aware of the CDR AMOs: first, perform DIS-SELS; (Note which SELGRNO is "ON".) Then perform: DIS-SELG:<enter the SELGRNO that is "ON">; I am going to assume that your CDR is configured with only one Select Table, so look for THE parameter called "FORMBAS" and note the assigned value, e.g. "FORM97".
In this example, a CDR form number 97 is being used to shape the way your CDR is output. So please perform: REG-FTBL:<the form number, such as "97">;
You should see information that looks like this:
ADD-FTBL:97,B,FIELD,1,SERVICE,CHAR,"0",L;

Copy/Paste all of this info to the forum, and I will be able to identify the fields, and tell you what they mean.

My guess is that the two fields near the end are TKNOREAL and INTNREAL, which are used to identify the "line" number(s) of the equipment used during a call. For example, if there are two keysets, each with station "2000" on them, and someone dials an expensive call from "2000", how would you know which actual device was used to place the call? And if the call quality is bad on an important call, but you have 460 trunks in one trunk group, spread out over 20 T1 circuits, how would you know which T1 circuit was used for that call? These two fields help identify the specific hardware used.

I can also help with the other fields in red. All of this data, starting with the "VS" and the "Ixxxx" are typically derived from AMO TEXT. For example, the first CDR character is "V". I am assuming that your form table will have this field defined as "SERVICE", which identifies whether the call is Voice, Fax, or Data. Perform a DIS-TEXT; Look at the area called "Output Texts for Communication Services". There should be two fields: SYMBOLIC NAME & OUTPUT TEXT.
If you place a VOICE test call, the first character in that particular CDR record will be the first character of whatever is entered as the "OUTPUT TEXT" for the SYMBOLIC NAME = VOICE. In your case, it is simple, as no doubt someone has entered "VOICE". Therefore you see a "V". In many 4K systems, AMO TEXT is not touched, and the default value for the SYMBOLIC NAME "VOICE" is "Sprache", which is German for "Voice". But an "S" appears in the CDR field.

AMO TEXT will be very lengthy. There is no need to copy/paste all that data to the forum until you first provide the info from AMO FTBL. Then I can later advise you which areas of AMO TEXT to copy to the forum.

Thank you so much for responding. I gathered the info you requested and displayed it below.

While much of it is clear, not all is. Fields 15 & 16 are obviously CallingParty (OrigNum) and DestinationParty (TermNum).

I'd love to know what TKNOREAL and INTNREAL stand for specifically and precisely what they are. It appears that INTNREAL is like a MAC addy for the Primary Number. If so, is there a way to find a table of all of those numbers as they relate to the specific telephone numbers? TKNOREAL seems to be some kind of seq order for different types of calls.

I cannot find anything in the DIS-TEXT that tells me about fields 11-14 for the Ixxxx. Likewise, what you said about the first two characters makes perfect sense, alto it is not clear why there is both a 'V' (for Voice) AND an 'S'. Sometimes it is a 'VO' or a 'VP'. I tested and found that faxes don't seem to be any different than a voice call.

Again, anything you can offer to help clarify these unknowns is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ADD-FTBL:2,B,FORM,1,N,"## #@/#@/#@ #@:#@ #@:#@:#@ ####@ #@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ #";
ADD-FTBL:2,B,FORM,2,N,"@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ #@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ #@@@@ #@@@ #";
ADD-FTBL:2,B,FORM,3,N,"@@@ #@@@@@ #@@@@@@@@@@@";
ADD-FTBL:2,B,CTRL,4,N,CR;
ADD-FTBL:2,B,CTRL,5,Y,LF;
ADD-FTBL:2,B,FIELD,1,SERVICE,CHAR,"0",L;
ADD-FTBL:2,B,FIELD,2,STNID,CHAR,"0",L;
ADD-FTBL:2,B,FIELD,3,STMONTH,CHAR,"0",R;
ADD-FTBL:2,B,FIELD,4,STDAY,CHAR,"0",R;
ADD-FTBL:2,B,FIELD,5,STYEAR,CHAR," ",R;
ADD-FTBL:2,B,FIELD,6,STHOUR,CHAR,"0",R;
ADD-FTBL:2,B,FIELD,7,STMIN,CHAR,"0",R;
ADD-FTBL:2,B,FIELD,8,CONHOUR,CHAR,"0",R;
ADD-FTBL:2,B,FIELD,9,CONMIN,CHAR,"0",R;
ADD-FTBL:2,B,FIELD,10,CONSEC,CHAR,"0",R;
ADD-FTBL:2,B,FIELD,11,COPIN,CHAR," ",L;
ADD-FTBL:2,B,FIELD,12,DESTPID,CHAR," ",L;
ADD-FTBL:2,B,FIELD,13,EXPENS,CHAR," ",L;
ADD-FTBL:2,B,FIELD,14,SUPLSERV,CHAR,"0",L;
ADD-FTBL:2,B,FIELD,15,CALLIPTY,CHAR," ",L;
ADD-FTBL:2,B,FIELD,16,DESTPTY,CHAR," ",L;
ADD-FTBL:2,B,FIELD,17,RTIONPTY,CHAR," ",L;
ADD-FTBL:2,B,FIELD,18,ROUTCN,CHAR," ",L;
ADD-FTBL:2,B,FIELD,19,TKNOREAL,CHAR," ",L;
ADD-FTBL:2,B,FIELD,20,INTNREAL,CHAR," ",L;
ADD-FTBL:2,B,FIELD,21,ACCTCODE,CHAR," ",L;
ADD-FTBL:2,B,FIELD,22,PIN,CHAR," ",L;

Again, thanks for looking at this with me. I visited the link and it helped somewhat, but still does not specifically address the problem I am having.

Field 2 should be a single digit number. In my case it is always an 'S, P, or O(h)'.

More importantly though, are Fields 11-14. You may notice that I always have five alphabetical characters, with the first (field 11) being an 'I'. The instructions say these characters should be NUMBERS.

Please let me know if I am overlooking something obvious.

Thanks!

Perform a DIS-TEXT;
Post the results of the sections called "OUTPUT TEXT FOR COMMUNICATION SERVICES" (for your CDR field 1), and "OUTPUT TEXT FOR PAYING AUTHORITY" (for your CDR field 2). The CDR record will use the data in the "OUTPUT TEXT" field - NOT the data from the Symbolic Name field. So I am expecting to see in AMO TEXT that the "V" in the first CDR record field probably represents "Voice", and the "S" in the second character of your CDR records probably represents a "Subscriber" call.

I didn't realize that there is a "problem". You asked for help identifying the fields.

I'll help you with fields 11-15 later.

I'm sorry for the use of words. By 'problem' I meant that it is something not clear to me. If I gain a better understanding of all the fields, then I can make my call processing software better serve my reporting needs. I continue to have certain CDR records that I cannot understand, so I'm trying to figure it out. Thanks!

OUTPUT TEXTS FOR COMMUNICATION SERVICES

SYMBOLIC NAME OUTPUT TEXT

VOICE VOICE
FAX FAX
DTE DATA

OUTPUT TEXTS FOR PAYING AUTHORITY

1 OPERATOR
2 PBX
3 NIGHT
4 STATION
5 SERVICE
6 SPECIAL
7 MAINT
8 PAYPHONE
9 MOBILE
10 KEYSET
12 NONE

I understand. If perhaps three days ago you were seeing numbers in these fields, but today you are seeing "V" and "S", etc, then THAT is a problem!!

Look at what you posted as the REG-FTBL yesterday. The first three lines represent the "shape" or "structure” of your CDR records. Each time you see a "#" character (between the quotes), a new CDR field starts there. If a field needs to be more than 1 character in length, then there is a "@" character to indicate each additional desired character. If a field is only 1 character in length, there is no “@” character, and the next character is another “#”, indicating that a new field starts immediately. A space indicates that there should be a space in the actual CDR record.

Count the "#" characters inside the quotes in the first three lines: 22, right? Now, how many subsequent lines in that REG-FTBL include the word "Field"? 22, right?

Let's focus on the first Field in your CDR form table. The first character in the first line of the REG-FTBL output (after the ") is "#", and there is no "@" following it, so we know that this will be a 1-character field. Now look at the line that defines "Field 1" - the value for this field is "Service". There are 3 types of "Service": Voice, FAX, and DATA. The objective is to identify the type of Service used during each call. You previously provided four CDR example records, and they are all Voice calls. When a subscriber picks up his/her phone and places a call, the Switching Unit is responsible for compiling all the info regarding that call. When the call ends, the Switching Unit hands the data to the ADP, which is responsible for building the CDR record. The Switching Unit will use raw or "symbolic" data, such as "VOICE" to indicate a Voice call, and a "4", to represent that the call was initiated by a Subscriber. The ADP takes that "VOICE" value, and looks at AMO TEXT in the section called OUTPUT TEXT FOR COMMUNICATION SERVICES", and finds "VOICE" in the "Symbolic Name" column. The ADP then looks at the corresponding value in the OUTPUT TEXT column. At your site, someone has entered "VOICE" as the "OUTPUT TEXT". Since Field 1 in your CDR structure is set at 1 character in length, the "V" is taken from the word "VOICE" in the OUTPUT TEXT column and placed into the CDR record as Field 1. Had someone typed "ABC" into that same field, an "A" would appear as the first character in each Voice CDR record.

Field 2 in the CDR record is defined as "STNID", which is used to distinguish whether the call was initiated by a Subscriber, the Attendant, an incoming Trunk, etc. The ADP looks at OUTPUT TEXT FOR PAYING AUTHORITY in AMO TEXT, and finds the "4" in the "Symbolic Name" column. Your AMO TEXT indicates that the OUTPUT TEXT for Symbolic Name "4" is "STATION". Since Field 2 is set at 1-character, only the "S" is placed into the CDR record.

Fields 11, 12, and 13, are all defined as 1-character fields in the structure of your CDR record. Field 14 is set for 2-characters. As the document points out, Field 11 looks at the section called OUTPUT TEXT FOR CLASS OF PIN in AMO TEXT. Your CDR records indicate an "I" in this field. Since most calls do not involve the use of a PIN, I am guessing that this means that NO PIN is used in your CDR records. The SWU has specified this by flagging a specific field in the raw CDR data as a "0". The ADP then looks at the OUTPUT TEXT FOR CLASS OF PIN in AMO TEXT, finds the "0" in the Symbolic Name column, and I am sure that you will discover in the OUTPUT TEXT column, the letter "I" or a word that begins with the letter "I". Since this Field 11 is set to 1-character in length, ONLY that first "I" is used in the CDR record.

Field 12 uses OUTPUT TEXT FOR PAYING PARTY in AMO TEXT. This is the same AMO TEXT section that was used in Field 2; however Field 12 indicates whether the CALLED party is a Subscriber, or Attendant, or a Trunk, etc. (Field 2 helped describe the CALLING party).

Field 13 uses OUTPUT TEXT for EXPENSIVE CONNECTIONS in AMO TEXT. All four of your example CDR records indicate an "N" here. I believe this means "INEXPENSIVE" call at your site, which the SWU has flagged as a "0". In the OUTPUT TEXT for EXPENSIVE CONNECTIONS, the ADP finds the "0" in the Symbolic Name column, and looks at the corresponding value in the OUTPUT TEXT column. I believe that you will find an "N" there, or a word that begins with "N", such as NOTEXPENSIVE.

And finally, Field 14. A 2-character field, your CDR records indicate BA, FW, IN, and TR. Look at the SUPPLEMENTARY SERVICES (or SUPLSERV) section of AMO TEXT. You'll have to explore that long list to figure out what is going on there!

You can and probably should modify the OUTPUT TEXT information in each section of AMO TEXT, so that your CDR records make more sense to you personally. I highly recommend that you have your vendor perform any changes to AMO TEXT!

I could discuss CDR for days, but unfortunately I must move on. I hope this helps! Good luck!

Again, thanks a million. That took good care of my ignorance - I know enough now to work with it and make good use of the info.

I displayed the tables below for the benefit of anyone else who follows this thread. You'll notice [the sample portion of the SUPLSERV tables] wherein I edited the text output for the Supplementary Services by inputing the two-digit numeric Symbolic Name in front of the Output Text to make it easier to understand and make it unique, since there were actually several of the names that began with the same two letters.

I displayed a list of a few call records to show the changes as they now appear in the CDR output.

Thanks again for all of your assistance -- you are the guru and quite the asset to this forum. I don't s'pose I can help you with your Siemens product, but I'll be glad to help you with any Scuba Diving or Alabama Crimson Tide Football questions you may have.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Field 11
OUTPUT TEXTS FOR CLASS OF PIN

0 INVALID
1 1
2 2
Field 12
OUTPUT TEXTS FOR CDRS-PAYING PARTIES

STN STATION
ATND ATTENDANT
MTLC TIELINE
TC TRUNK
Field 13
OUTPUT TEXTS FOR EXPENSIVE CONNECTIONS

0 NORMAL
1 EXPENSIVE
2 FREE OUT
3 FREE INC
Field 14
OUTPUT TEXTS FOR SUPPLEMENTARY SERVICES

0 UNDEF
1 BASIC CALL
3 TRANSFER
4 CALL BACK
(OLD) 5 FWD BUSY
6 FWD IMMED
7 FWD NO ANS
8 PICKUP
26 INTERCEPT

0 00UNDEF
1 01BASIC CA
3 03TRANSFER
4 04CALL BAC
(NEW) 5 05FWD BUSY
6 06FWD IMME
7 07FWD NO A
8 08PICKUP
26 26INTERCEP

VO 10/01/10 09:54 00:00:09 ION26 8664193597 89979 2444 2771
VS 10/01/10 09:49 00:05:12 ISN01 2283237546 67869 2444 1198
VS 10/01/10 09:54 00:00:11 ISN07 4107032069 19003 2445 2633
VP 10/01/10 09:54 00:00:01 ISN01 999999 77045 4109 1774
VS 10/01/10 09:55 00:00:02 ISN11 2513382255 61414 2445 1032
VS 10/01/10 09:54 00:00:22 ISN05 2514606499 19002 2445 2632
VS 10/01/10 09:54 00:01:09 ISN08 2512697131 66078 2444 1035
VS 10/01/10 09:55 00:00:12 ISN06 2513534377 19007 2445 2637

Excellent!

Be sure to save your AMO TEXT changes using EX-UPDAT:A1,ALL;
Actually, perform it twice, so that the changes are saved to both the primary & backup copies of the database.

AMO TEXT is an A1 command, so EX-UPDAT:BP,ALL; does NOT save it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back