Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hipath 4000 caller ID added prefix # "9"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manny1504

Technical User
Jun 28, 2021
AE
Hi guys, just dropping this note to everyone for guidance and technical assistance.

Currently doing our own basic maintenance of hipath 4000 V6. However, migration was made to the existing PRI line to VIMs technology by the telephone service provider.
Hipath 4000 works fine except the disappearance of exit call number which is "9" (which normally added to local caller ID) to the missed call log at the end user equipment (Ex. 9 then followed by telephone number of the called party).

just verified the following:
Add-knpre:0, ISDN, National,9,;
Add-knpr:0, ISDN, Subscr,9,9;

Add-knfor:1-1200,ISDN,,National,Transp,Send1,Send1,Yes,Ignor;

Does anyone can check if above configuration are okay? Otherwise, appreciate your assistance.

If it was working, and then you changed nothing but provider, and now it isn't working, my first thought is that the provider is delivering a different NPI/TON than you were receiving before in the calling info element.

KNPRE needs ISDN numbers to process.

Perhaps the new provider delivers the numbers as UNKNOWN. KNMAT could also be used to blindly prefix a calling number based on the partner node number, but first thing to do us to use the RDS ISDN tracer to check what NPI/TON you are receiving.

Thanks Moriendi,
To make my case clearer, System was working normal both incoming and outgoing call after the migration. The only issue is the prefix number we use to call or access outside or external line (in our case "9"), which are not appearing on end user telephone equipment when a call was received from mobile telephone. Example 9XXXXXXXXX, 9 is the prefix number, while XXXXXXXX is the caller mobile telephone number. In short, caller id was registering on end user equipment except the 9.

Let me try your suggestion to check the NPI/TON received if i can successfully download the tracer tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back