Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HiPath 3550 with digital 24 port card

Status
Not open for further replies.

juldal

MIS
Jan 26, 2005
DK
Hello

Regarding a HiPath 3550 V7 with a digital card with 24 ports in SLOT10 .

I am experiencing funny problems with MULAP groups, and was looking at the cards.

The card is called S30810-Q2901-X-7

But shouldnt it be called just S30810-Q2901-X

I know that S30810-Q2901-X-G1 is from 3750, so it is not card from older system.

WAs just wondering if it could be that the card was not supported,

Anatoher thing that is weird is that in Manager E all the SLAD8 cards shows to be SLAD8R but it is wall mounted system??

maybe someone has taken the KDS from a rack system and put into the wall mounted system

any ideas??

/juldal

I have a slmo 24 in a hipath 3550 and it shows as S30810-Q2901-X-7 as well, I dont have a slad8 installed but when I pre install it showed it as slad8r

As siemens go, if it does not like the card/software it will not work at all, what problems are you having?

I have put cards from a system as far back as a 118 into 3350 and 3550 systems. Siemens have always said that hardware is backward compatible, this is even the case with V5 sw/hardware e.g. if you have a TS2 pre V5 hardware then it will not require a license in a V5+ system.

Can you be more specific as to what sort of problems you are having with the Mulap groups?

If there has been any un explained problems then it has normally been system sw or corruption in a kds file.

Lee Keen SOCA/SOCP

Well

MULAP has an old Optiset E phone and an analog wireless phone. as members.

It runs fine, then suddenly, the MULAP stops working, so one of the extensions stops working, no dial tone, and it doesnt ring when called.

I can make the same MULAP again but on antoher "port" in HuntGroups, and it will work again for a period of time, sometimes only few days, sometimes months.

But it will happen again, we tried upgrading the system software severel times, and it runs latest Generel Release from SEBA Version 7.

The KDS has also been programmed from scratch. Nothing seems to help, therefor i was looking at hardware as possible error?? even though my experience with Siemens is the same as the answers to this thread.

Few of the Optiset E phones have analog adapters, and uses the SLAVE port for I.E fax or another analog extension.
But these are not in MULAPS.

Have you thought of changing the MMC card on the processor? Whats odd is that it works for a period of time then fails. Are there any errors in the Event log?

Is it the cordless that stops? Most of the time I use forward table to set a digital and a cordless to ring together just set up a table with target 1 and the cordless ext into sr target box

I cant see any errors in the eventlog, have you had experience with changing the MMC would help`?

It has been both the cordless and the Optiset that stops working, the problem with using call fowarding lists, is that you do not get the same extension number for both phones.

I also tried TEAM/TOP but same error occurs..

this is very weird, in allmost 6 years with HiPath systems, i have not seen this before...

I have changed the MMC before, if you have a spare then its worth a go as it will not take long to prove.

Leeky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back