Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HiPath 3500 -- Hang ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

klmnop

MIS
May 4, 2006
US
I support a Siemens in one of our remote warehouses. The phone set as the default answer phone is getting multiple hang-ups, apparently.

The local admin provided me with the following summary of the problem.

When you call in the system and you dial an extension directly you get a voice that says “Please hold while you are being connected”. After that you don’t hear any ringing until either someone picks up or the Voice mail picks up. If you wait from the auto attendant you will (after three repetitions of the message) be defaulted to the 'default answer' phone. When this happens (or you dial by name) you do not get the “Please hold while you are being connected” message. We think that both cases (with and without the message) the silence confuses the callers and they may think they are hung up on or lost in limbo somewhere. We think that figuring out how to allow the ringing through, or adding music while the person waits might reassure the caller and we will get a lot less of these hang up calls.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

First off do you MOH on this system? If so pull a KDS and see if you have MOH with ringing tone checked if not check the box an apply the changes. Alsoi what are you using as Voive Mail IVM or EVM or third party.

There is no music on hold; using voicemail IVM

I had a probem like this the call would seem to go on hold
but could not be picked up again, what i found was the system had been hacked, when i checked the substitute numbers in the mail, a number had been inserted to allow calls to be anywhere in the world at local call rate.

When using IVM music on hold is not so straight foward.

It has to be loaded into the IVM, and set to play, then you get your "please wait greeting" and then set to play again, and so on.

It can be done, if you read the guide to the IVM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back