Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hipath 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

don1159

Programmer
Apr 30, 2009
US
I was able to setup the dss button on the phones. Now my question is when the dss number is call and the led flashes. How do I get it to ring also ?

A shared line isn't possible on the hipath 3000. You only have a indication of a phone is busy or ringing, but to make you phone ring when another phones rings isn't possible in this way.
The only way to do this is make hunt groups with you phone and the other extension in it. And then in the callforward of the pabx set the extension number to direct ring on the huntgroup

setup the extension as a REPDIAL key with LED. Put it on the phone then set the second ring target of the phone you want it to ring on with that number and then it will ring

The other option is to set a ring group off the original phone, dial *81 (assuming default numbering scheme still valid) on the original extn, press tick to add extn, enter other extn number, tick, left arrow, tick.

Now when the first phone rings, the second will ring as well irrespective of whether you have a dss key. If you have a display phone it will say call for XXXXXXXX so you know it is the other extn's call.

Going off my Hicom 150 which I believe works similar to the 3000, there may also be a systemwide "DSS Alert" parameter that will make the phone do a heavy beep or some kind of "beep-beep-beep" thing when a call comes in on that line.

If it's like the 150 though it's either on or off for the whole system, so anyone with a DSS key would be annoyed by the beeping (or a message in the display saying Pickup Call or something like that). I ended up shutting mine off in a healthcare environment because each nurse had their associated doctor as a DSS and the beeping was driving everyone nuts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back