Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hipath 3000 manager E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dafidoe

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2018
ZA
Hi All,

Am really new to the Siemens Hipath system and am having a bit of trouble with the Hipath manager 3000 E. I'm trying to carry out some maintenance on the phone system (update names, extensions, etc.) However i cannot seem to login. Whenever I try to connect using by RS-232 to the PC it comes up with the error "hipath is offline". The settings in hipath manager seem to be correct (connecting to the right port). If any one could suggest anything to try to get it working it would be greatly appreciated!

In my experience with those systems, I *HAD* to use the cable that was provided with the system - it was really snotty about trying to use null modems, etc, and it despised even the best USB to Serial adapters. I had an old laptop with a real serial port that I actually sent along with that system when I donated it to a place....

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Is there a network port on the cpu card? If so you can use Manager E in IP mode and connect across the network. It is also far quicker.

Use Unitek USB to serial convertor.
it is tested every where and it is working fine.

USB to serial convertor and modem cable to connect in serial port of Hipath 3000 system,

tip, make sure the RS 232 cable is not broken. Another tip I restarted the PBX since it happened to me to restart the Hipath and connect after the reboot.
Another tip is to disable SMDR if you do not use the billing, as some Hipath stop the communication when the billing buffer reached its capacity was not unloaded.

Pin cable RS-232 ⬇️

Also pin outs if making one up yourself.
And part number if ordering one.

9 way female to 9 way female
Siemens/Unify part number:

S30267-Z355-A25-4

1-1
2-3
3-2
4-6
5-5
6-4
7-8
8-7
9-9

Mine was 9 to 25, but I had the Hicom 150, which was the precursor to the 3000. I had to connect it to the front of the processor board if I remember correctly.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Years ago we used to have Skytel 2-way pagers, sort of a cave-man version of a Blackberry. The dock/charger RS-232 cable happened to work with the Siemens 3000. I still have that cable now which also works on small Panasonic systems.

As the pinouts provided by sbcsu show it appears to be a crossover cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back