Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HIPAA Accelerator Technique for BizTalk 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulaJ

Programmer
Jun 20, 2000
US
Has anyone that is using the HIPAA Accelerator in BizTalk 2002 figured out a way to check whether the data comes from the Subscriber Data or the Patient Data. Since all of the fields from the Claim Level on down are setup twice, we are having the dickens of a time retrieving which value actually exists in the file to be translated. (Such as Rendering Provider) We are mapping to NSF3.1. We have tried several different ways of determining which level should be used, but keep getting just one or the other, usually the wrong one. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Since I'm not getting any response on this, I take it there aren't many of us using the HIPAA Accelerator and BizTalk 2002. I could really use some input on how to reliably put two separate values into the same outbound field. Only one of the input values will be present, but I can't get BizTalk to use the value from the node that is present. HELP!!!

We are using BizTalk HIPAA accelerator, we are also facing problem in generating xml outbound file using biztalk 2004, if you have done this, please help me how to do it, we need to take data from sql as xml and map to outbound file. (837 P).

All of the maps that I have worked on have been X12 to Flat File including the NSF versions using BizTalk 2002. We decided to do our Outbound Files in custom code, but I was not involved in that. If you have a specific question about the Accelerator, I might be able to point you in the right direction, but the only outbound transaction we use is the 835 and that is completely unique to a companies business rules. Good Luck. If you find a good HIPAA Accelerator/BizTalk class, please let me know. There are lots of classes available for BizTalk but none for the combination.

I had mapped an XML to 837 X12 outbound using BT02. Did not like that they had claim level in there twice. So I only mapped to the not-self subscriber level for both and corrected the HL segments in a Scriptor function.

I still had to check to see if it was self or not for deciding when to populate the PAT line. In your source document you should have a field that identifies subscriber relationship... thats what worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back