Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hints Possible in BO ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anup99999

IS-IT--Management
Nov 26, 2002
IN
Hello Friends,

Is there any way to use oracle optimizer hints in SQL generated by BO to make querries work faster ? OR some simlar way which can generate faster response ?

Regards,

Anup.

Yes,

Open the universe in designer, choose parameters. Then choose to edit the connection used and select Custom. You can fill in the hint there.
I think that BO will not show the hint at report level, but it should work equally well.... T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

You can use "Strategies" in Designer, look at chapter 4 of the Designer's manual. A strategy is a script that reads structural information from a database or flat file, you'll need to create an external strategy, there is a prebuilt strategy for Oracle available.
You can also add your own modification to the SQL of the object in the SQL editor in Designer.
And finally you can force use of COST or RULE optimizations by Oracle in ORA.INIT or through an object in Designer.
Hope this helps Stick to your guns

Friends,

Thanks very much...I now have a fair idea of using hints and shall try it out very soon. I feel there should not be any problems.

Regards,
Anup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back