Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hints or Tips how to create monitoring software with VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

nimrod44

Programmer
Sep 17, 2001
US
Greetings,
I am interested in "honing" my skills as a VB programmer and have had a hard time coming up with new ideas of programs to write until now. This may not be possible, but can anybody point me in the right direction (either web site, source code etc.), other ideas on how to start writing an application that will monitor a computer. I'd like to monitor the Installation, Uninstall, and file activity for the PC the app is installed on. I'd like to monitor as much activity as possible. I support several custom applications (both support and continuous development) here at work.
I don't really know where to start other than I've downloaded a couple of existing applications to see what they monitor and how the interface is put together. Does Visual Basic 6.0 give me the tools/capability to write code to monitor activity on a PC?
I appreciate ideas anybody can suggest. I'm even open to suggestions for applications I can write for practice.
Thanks,
Darrel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back