Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hightling all section numbers (i.e. 2.1, 2.1, etc.) in a document

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizdunn

IS-IT--Management
Jul 12, 2000
US
I need to highlight all section numbers in my document. Numbers range from 1.1, 1.1.1 to 17.X.x. Is there a way?

thanks.

These are not section numbers!

Numbering causes more than enough problems on its own and there is no real way to highlight all of them. Why do you want to do this? Perhaps there is another way to achieve your goal.

Enjoy,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

I'm working (slowly) on my own website

I need to see all references to the sections to make sure they are correct. for example my text reads:

"calculation is required to be made under Section 4.2 of this Agreement" where 4.2 is highlighted. So any reference (1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.1.1, 1.1.2, and so on) needs to be highlighted.

If you make all the cross-references 'proper' Word cross-references, rather than just text, they will automatically be correct without needing to be checked for correctness.

Enjoy,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

I'm working (slowly) on my own website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back