Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

highlighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

PQTIII

IS-IT--Management
Sep 21, 2004
I have a couple of things I need to highlight based on a couple of criterias. What is the word you use to highlight a field? Say, if I wanted it to be highlighted yellow.

Thanks
pt

you can go into the format field section on the fields you want and under the border tab you can set the background color of the field, it has a condition box also so you can put your criterias in there

I need to write a formula with if statements.

I need this highlighted different colors and the format wants numbers only.

If left({equipnum},2)="MD" and {duration}>"00:02:00" then highlight yellow {equipment} else if left({equipnum},2)="MA" and {duration}>"00:04:00" then highlight red {equipment} else black {equipment}

Find the {equipment} field on the report.
Right-click on it and select "Format Field".
Click on the "Font" tab.
Click the X-2 button beside color.
Enter the following code:
Code:
If left({equipnum},2)="MD" and {duration}>"00:02:00" 
then cryellow
else if left({equipnum},2)="MA" and {duration}>"00:04:00" then highlight crred 
else crblack
Make sure you specify the real field names for {equipment} and {duration} in the format {table.field}. You'll be able to double-click the fields from the Field List area of the Formula Editor.

Bob Suruncle

Bob

That changese the color, but I want to change the highlight color. DO you know how I would code that?

Thanks
pt

Do you mean you want to change the BACKGROUND color?
You'll find that on the Border tab of the Format Editor.

Bob Suruncle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back