Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Highlighting Formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbescos

Technical User
Jan 3, 2011
US
I’m trying to come up with a formula or a way to highlight a date field. The two fields I am comparing are a “To Processing Date” and a “Submission Date”. I’m trying to get the row or processing date to highlight if the submission date is null (no date input) for >= to 20 days.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Right click on the date field->format field->border->color->background->x+2 and enter:

if isnull({table.submissiondate}) and
currentdate-{table.toprocessingdate} >= 20 days then
cryellow else
crnocolor

This will only work on the toprocessingdate, since a null date isn't there. If you need to highlight the missing date, then place the field in a text box and then format the text box to highlight.

-LB

Thank you for the quick reply.

I think this will highlight if the submission date is null even if I'm within the 20 day time period of the toprocessing date.

I need the row to highlight if the submission date is null 20 days greater than the to processing date.

Thanks again.

PS. This isn't within a crosstab is it?

-LB

It's not within a crosstab. I'll plug it in and see.

It works like a charm!!

Thank you so much for your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back