Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

highlighting documents in a view with colour depending on value

Status
Not open for further replies.

pechettysuguna

Programmer
Oct 11, 2001
JP
Hi,

I have a view, which has a column of training date for an employee. Want to highlight that column with a different colour. Is it possible. how ?
I have used icons to display the overdue status. But, user wants that row with some different colour.
thanks
suguna

Have you searched the Designer Help database ? Look for "Setting column colors programmatically" and you shall find the information you need.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Hi,
Oops sorry. I am using R5.05. Is this feature available in the same.
thanks

Don't remember, but if it is, you should find the same info in the Help database.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

What I do is make a hidden column in the view, and in the column properties you check the box that says "Use value as color". And for the column selection I put in a formula that says @If (xxx = "yyy" ; "#ff0000" ; "#ffffff") of course you replace the x's and y's with whatever and replace the color value I put in (red) with whatever web safe color value you want.

What I just described only changes the text color not the line color, but it's what I use like in our inventory database to turn the item name and information red if our stock drops below a certain number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back