Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Highlighted Text - copy and paste issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhtech

Technical User
Feb 20, 2004
US
We recently upgraded to Quark 6.5 and have run into an issue where when we highlight text and copy it. The text will not un-highlight until we paste the selection into its original area. Is this a bug or is there a preference in Quark that needs to be set differently

Hi rhtech:
I am running OS 10.3.8 on an IMac 400 with Quark 6.5, this solution may or may not be the same for PC's.
About 3 months ago I had the same problem with highlighted text, so I called Quark tech support and they told me to quit Quark and look in the Quark folder and see if I had a folder named Preferences, which i did not have because the original 6.1 disc did not install it.
So I created a new folder and Named it Preferences and I thought that solved the problerm, but it seems like it came back.
Another thing I noticed was that with a text or picture box I only had the dashes and stripes available for frames, the frames that I had with Quark 4.1 were all missing. I could not under stand why Quark would discontinue those frames.
So if you are on a Mac with Quark 6.5, draw a text box and choose a frame, and if Yearbook, Certificate Deco Shadow are missing then this may be what you need to do.
Quit Quark then go to Applications folder then find your QuarkXpress folder. Inside the QuarkXPress folder there is a folder named For System, open that folder up and inside is an item called QuarkXPress Components double click on that icon and then choose your Quark folder for the installation and that will install the missing borders the initial installation did not install plus a lot of other components. This will install those missing frames and also seems to help with the highlighted text hanging up.
You will then be able to use these borders, Yearbook, Certificate, Coupon, Deco Shadow, Deco Plain, Maze, Ornate, Op Art1 and Op Art2.
Hope this helps.
IMacQuarker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back