Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Highlight max/min row values for each group

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpstoehner

Technical User
Feb 7, 2007
US
Trying to highlight/format the max value of each column for each group using CR10. Thought I could use the highlighting expert but it does not evaluate min/max/avg values for the field(s) you base it on. I have the following report layout...

Calls Answered Calls Abandoned
Monday
7-8 AM 51 10
8-9 AM 65 21
etc..
6-7 PM

Tuesday
7-8 AM 95 15
8-9 AM 45 11
etc..
6-7 PM

etc...

The groups are:
1. WeekDayName
2. Time Interval

The fields are:
1. calls_answered
2. calls_abandoned

Any suggestions? I'm sure this is a fairly basic thing to do but I am still learning. Thanks!

It's actually not that simple since you are trying to highlight the maximum of a summary field. One way to do this is to return the summaries to the report as fields from a command, as in something like this:

Select count(table.`callsansw`) as callsanswered, count(table.`callsaband`) as callsabandoned, {fn dayname({fn dayofweek(table.`datetime`)})} as wkday,{fn hour(table.`datetime`)} as hr
From table
Group by {fn dayname({fn dayofweek(table.`datetime`)})},{fn hour(table.`datetime`)}

You can place these fields in the detail section and select each column->format field->border->color->background->x+2 and enter:

if {command.callsanswered} = maximum({command.callsanswered}) then crRed else defaultattribute

Create a similar formula for the other column.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back