Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HigherGround 911 recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

AH64Armament

Vendor
Sep 5, 2008
US
I have a local government that runs a 911 dispatch center that's recorded with a solution from HigherGround -
In the past, we've had admin phones that were Mitel 4000 series phones with a handset tap and Analog lines from the Mitel to the 911 system trunks that are still in place and recorded via direct tap.

We have replaced the Superset 4000 series phones with 5300 series IP phones and they are wanting to do the recording via IP capture.
Per their recommendation, we sold and implemented a MBG with SRC licenses.

Getting the SRC to communicate with the HG product has proven to be a major endeavor.

I have installed MiVCR (Oaisys) in the past and that works great. A one-time certificate request from the MiVCR to the MBG is all that's needed and the software does the rest.

The folks from HigherGround can't seem to make their system work with the MBG. I've not seen the cert request and the info they have requested implies that they are wanting to now do unsecure call recording as they are looking for IP addresses, MAC addresses, extension info and port #'s of what they are wanting to record.

I'm looking for someone that might have experience with HG to shed some light on what they're after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back