Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

High Traffic Rates on 3Com 3300 Switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevecrawford

IS-IT--Management
Mar 16, 2002
GB
Installation includes 2 matrix stacks of 3Com switches. Periodically a switch will demonstrate abnomally high levels of traffic which I know to be incorrect. One switch in the stack will display activity on the ports but in an apparently rythimic fashion (sweeps from left to right). Net effect is users drop off the network, machines hang when saving documents to servers etc. Have recently upgraded all switch firmware to latest (6.29). No errors on the network (as you would expect from a wholly switched environment)and next to no collisions. Any assistance in this matter would be appreciated.

Steve

I am using 3com Network Supervisor to monitor our network. We are having that same issue and our network is segmented. I've set alerts on the links that are connected to the router, the router and the switches. While the network supervisor show alerts traffic passes just fine. I am also interested in any suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back