Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

High speed camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoamJosephides

Technical User
Dec 3, 2001
IL
Hi.

I have the PAL JVC-DVL9600 which is able to shoot "high speed", meaning it shoots 50fps instead of 25fps, but only at half the vertical resolution.
When transferred to Premiere, the image is consisted of two half-sized images one on top of the other, ar regular 25fps.

I want to manipulate the image to use one frame from the upper "shot" and the consecutive frame from the "down shot" and vice versa, thus enabling me to get a smooth slow motion.

How do i do it?

thanks

I dont know, but 30 FPS is the video standard, 50 FPS would be an uneven amount of frames

30 fps is just for digital video. Film is shot in 24 fps, and it turns out fine. So... you should be fine in that aspect.

Anyways, put the two clips right on top of each other, one on V1, and the other on V2 (transparancy track). On the top clip, go into the video transparancy settings, and in the upper right hand box, move the bottom sampling handles (those little white handles in the sampling box)up to about halfway up. This should allow you to use both halves together with a little bit of tweaking. It's probably not the fastest way, but it should work.

advproductions & rsandelius: note the camera is PAL, so 25fps is right.

NoamJosephides: have you tried JVC (the camcoder manufacturer)? Maybe they have some software for manipulating the output. I can't imagine they'd give you this feature with no real way to use it.

Also, Premiere has a setting to say what kind of camera you're using. It is set to generic DV by default, but your camera (or similar model with high-speed features) might be listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back