Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

High end 2 line business telephones

Status
Not open for further replies.

guinnessbsc

Programmer
Jan 23, 2007
US
Can someone recommend a high quality 2 line business telephone? I have a customer that I installed 2 polycom soundpoint pro se-225 phones to a few years back. They love the audio they get off of the handset and speakerphone, but when using the line in the 2nd position many times no audio is sent to the far end, and sometimes dial tone can't even be broken. This happens on both phones, but everything works fine on my simple at&t 2 line set that I used for testing. Are there any other high end products similar to Polycom that WORK? I'm not gonna walk in that door again with Polycom boxes.

Nortel Venture 3-Line Speakerphone (NT2N82AA)
I know these are 3 line, but they are excellent phones, that can also be set up with intercom between each other and have a good speaker phone performance for a desk top unit.

Hi there,

I'd agree with trvlr1, anything Nortel/Aastra from the M9417 to the Venture sets are a great investment and have great call quality.

Another option if you are feeling like exploring something interesting is to set up an account with a SIP provider such as VOIP.MS and using a SIP device. I'd highly recommend the Nortel 1140E/1120E with SIP firmware or a Cisco 7970 with SIP firmware. I can give you more details if you are interested?

Oh, the one thing about the SIP phone that is so awesome, is that you can have multiple calls on one phone, not just 2 lines....its however many calls your phone and bandwidth can handle. On the Nortel 1140E phone, I can get as many as 5 calls, possibly more.

I've been using the Aastra 9120 phones for my 2-line analog phones and they seem to be well received by those using them, and the construction seems very solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back