Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

High density T1 router

Status
Not open for further replies.

xenolith

ISP
Mar 4, 2002
Hello
Can someone offer me some advice on a solution for terminating up to to 56 T1s in a router. I would prefer something that used integrated CSUs on the T1 ports, as external CSUs just isnt practical in this situation. Currently I am looking at a Cisco (yuk)7206VXR with the PA-MC-2T3+ card with M13 muxes forming the channelized T3s from T1s. I require multi-link on some of these T1s. Unfortunately adding the multi-link capability knocks me out of price range on doing a Juniper M7i which I wanted badly. Ideally, a router which could take a number of 8 port T1 cards with integrated CSUs would fit the need very well. Initially will only use 40 T1s, but the growth to 56 is forseeable. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

I used a 7206VXR with 3 or 4 (around there) 8 port cards and a few BRI cards. Thing routed like a champ. Only time I had trouble with it was when the power went out. Also used it for voice as well as data. All of this was for a local bank with multiple branches. I think now they even have a DS3 terminated in it. That may be something you want to look at as far as density is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back