Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hierarchy prompt in web

Status
Not open for further replies.

renu123

Programmer
Jun 11, 2001
IN
Hello,
I have created a hierarchy prompt which allows me to drill down on chosen values and also lets me apply the chosen values at each level to the report. This works fine in Desktop. When I run this report in web, it gives me two lists- one for selection, and one where the selected values appear. Now, the moment I select a value, it moves to the right hand side selected list. As it is lost from the left hand side list, I lose the ability to drill on it. This drill thing works only for the elements in the left hand side list. There are four stylesheet formats available. Tried all four, but am not able to achieve this.
Can anyone help?

You'll have to modify the existing prompt stylesheet and then add it as a new style in desktop. Check out these 2 technotes on their support site:

TN5600-7X0-0540 - how to create new prompt styles in MicroStrategy Web 7.x
TN5600-7X0-0429 - how to declare new stylesheets in desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back