Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hierarchy levels disappear when I generate a cube...

Status
Not open for further replies.

anibalgris

Programmer
Aug 31, 2005
ES
I have a cube with a complete categories diagram in the transformer model, but when I generate the cube, the structure created for the it doesn´t match the diagram. There are lost levels and categories that appears in the model but not in the cube. It is very strange. I suppose that it will be a configuration option, but I can´t find it.

Any ideas?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Regards

The categories displayed in the diagram are merely a representation of categories that have been in your cube at some point in the past.

If these categories are not built in th ecube now it is most likely because they do not exist in teh datsource any more.

HTH

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

I have eliminated all the levels and categories in the model, and after that I have regenerated each data source one by one, testing if all of them appeared in the right place.

The levels exists and the categories too, but they don´t appear when I generate the cube.

From this I take you are using multiole datasources. So if the categories appear in the sdimension data source but don't appear in teh measure/values data source they still won't appear e.g

iF you have a datsource of customers

CustomerID CustomerType
Customer1 Retail
Customer2 Legal
Customer3 Banking

Then have a seperate datsouce for sales

Customer1 2000
Customer3 5000

The end result would be

Retail
Customer1
Banking
Customer2

i.e. beacuse customer2 has no sales it is not included in the cube.

HTH

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

Thanks Gary, I think you´ve hit the bull´s eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back