Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hierarchical Formatting Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReportMan

Programmer
Aug 13, 2001
US
I am using CR 10 and have grouped by data hierarchically to produce a Table Of Contents. The TOC is perfect as far as the data being correct but I need to format the various levels of the TOC different based on what level it is.

My question is how do I determine what level I am at so I can code a formula to format correctly?

If you're using OLE DB for OLAP check out the MDX functions such as Member.Level.

-k

No such luck.... am using ADO.NET (XML)... I just thought of another way to tell if I am not at the highest level. Is there a way to tell if your have indented the value because that is what the hierarchical sorting is doing.

If you used hierarchical grouping to create the TOC, then you might have the following function available to you:

HierarchyLevel (GroupingLevel ({table.field}))

...that you could use to conditionally format by level. This is found under function->print state in the formula expert in CR 11.0. I don't know whether it's available in 10.0.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back