Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hiding toolbars in MSAccess

Status
Not open for further replies.

shane01

IS-IT--Management
Apr 19, 2004
NZ
I need to hide toolbars from users in my MSAccess data. I dont want them to be able to access the form design view or report design view. I know it can be achieved with some VBA code. Can anybody help?

goto Tools>statup and choose your options there...you can also create custom tool bars fo your users as well Bastien

There are many ways to skin this cat,
but it still tastes like chicken

goto Tools>Start Up and choose your options there...you can also create custom tool bars fo your users as well Bastien

There are many ways to skin this cat,
but it still tastes like chicken

You can go to tools/startup and take off the allow built in tool bars check box.

None of those are an option. Turning off those toolbars would mean that I wouldnt be able to edit the design. Any other solutions?

actually that is not true. If you security on the db, you can overide it with the shift key upon opening. You will get the tool bars back while you are in as the admin. ANother option I have used for data entry people is to maxzimize my form and it will hide all menu and tool bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back