Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hiding the menu bar in form view 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lookE

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2002
US
How can I get my form view to not show any menu options other than what's on my form? I've turned off scroll bars and navigation options, but have trouble hiding the menu bar that appears on top of form. I'm using Access 97.

Change the Menu Bar property of the form to: "=1" with the quote markers. This will give you a clean menu bar look. Bob Scriver

Thanks Bob worked great, but I did have to remove the quotes.

David

Sorry about that. I mean't to type "without" the quote marks. Bob Scriver

Bob,

Thank you...that was an easy step, but how can I get rid of the menu bar completely (also the 'Microsoft Access' title bar & that 'Form View' bar found at the bottom of the application)so that the form covers all of the computer monitor when executed?

I am not certain that you can rid of either. I believe that they are there to stay. I will do some research about that and if I am wrong will come back and post a workaround. Bob Scriver

Try running Maximize (DoCmd.Maximize) on the form's Load event and make sure you have the Pop-Up property set to Yes, this should have the form cover the entire screen and get rid of the menu bars as well.

Bill

"that 'Form View' bar found at the bottom of the application" is called status bar.

This is a startup setting. Tools-Startup and uncheck the 'Display status bar', but this will apply to all objects in database, not only to that form

The one on top...I don't think you can get rid of it at all. All you can do is change the title and icon (also in Startup options).

HTH

[pipe]
Daniel Vlas
Systems Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back